FREE USA SHIPPING, REDUCED RATE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING.
(In the photos small robot shown only for comparison purposes. Small robot not included in Megapod kits, see our original Vorpal The Hexapod Kit.)
We are now accepting pre-orders on our new Megapod kit! Twice the size in every direction (that's eight times the volume), the Megapod dwarfs our best-selling Vorpal hexapod. Perfect for public demonstrations and exciting classroom projects.
PRE-ORDER AND DELIVERY DATE
Order your Megapod now at the special pre-order price, $50 off the regular price. Your account will be charged immediately, expected ship date is October 1, 2018. Special pre-order pricing is only available while pre-order quantities last.
COMPATIBLE WITH VORPAL THE HEXAPOD
Here's a video showing the Megapod (purple and red) side by side with our original kit (yellow).
As you can see, all the same moves are available, using the same gamepad. The big guy is also compatible with the very same Scratch programs you've written for our original hexapod! (Although it will move about twice as far, everything scales up!)
|KIT TYPE||Electronics & Fasteners for Megapod & Gamepad||3D Printed Parts||Minimum 3D Printer Build Area To Make Parts||Assembled|
|MEGAPOD MAKER KIT||YES||NONE||200mm Cube||NO|
|MEGAPOD BIG PARTS ONLY KIT||YES||ONLY THE LARGEST 3D PARTS||150mm Cube||NO|
|MEGAPOD COMPLETE KIT||YES||ALL 3D PARTS||No printer needed, all 3D parts provided||NO|
NOTE: 4-Packs for Schools are perfect for summer STEM camps, they're discounted off the single-kit price and they even include spare parts (because kids will be kids).
- Megapod Maker Kit: Has all the electronics and hardware items you need for both gamepad and Megapod robot. You make the 3D printed parts. Requires a 3D printer with a build volume of 200mm cube or more.
- Megapod Big Parts Only Kit: Contains everything in the Megapod Maker Kit plus the larger parts (Megapod Base and Cap). You print the other parts on your own 3D printer, which only needs a build volume of 150mm cube.
- Megapod Complete Kit: All the electronics and hardware as well as all the 3D printed plastic parts for both gamepad and Megapod robot.
NOTE: Batteries are not included, see below for battery information
The Megapod supports all the same features as our best-selling Vorpal The Hexapod:
- Control Vorpal from the included Gamepad, able to execute 60 different motions and in Deluxe models can record and play back gamepad actions.
- Fully supports the MIT drag-and-drop programming system to create your own custom motions, read sensors on the robot. Deluxe packages even allow new motions to be stored on the gamepad and called up using gamepad buttons of your choice!
- All 3D models are open source: modify them and add your own hacks and extensions to your heart's content! All software is also open source.
- Tons of fun activities are posted on the Vorpal Robotics Website.
WHAT'S NOT IN THE BOX
- Magapod Battery Pack/Charger. The Megapod uses a 5000 mAH 6-cell NIMH battery with female XT60 or female Tamaya connector and compatible charger. We are evaluating a number of commercially available batteries from major RC battery suppliers and will document our recommendations on our website in advance of the pre-order ship date. You can expect the Megapod robot's battery and charger total combined cost to be approximately $50.
- Gamepad Battery/Charger. The gamepad takes any kind of standard 9v rectangular batter, either rechargeable or disposable work fine. These are commonly available from many sources.
The plastic parts included in some kits are 3D printed. The 3D printing process naturally results in a textured, layered surface that is not smooth. There may be minor imperfections such as threads of plastic or small drips. These will not impact the usability of the product.