FREE USA SHIPPING, REDUCED RATE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING.
There is no cooler 3D printer project you can make! It earned the coveted "Project We Love" badge on Kickstarter and sold hundreds of units there for over 200% funding. Since then we've sold many hundreds more to schools, Makers, hobbyists and robotics clubs. It's been used at STEM camps around the USA by schools and universities. Vorpal has been featured on the MAKE: magazine website and won a Best of 2018 Award at the Westport CT Maker Faire (13,000 people in attendance!)
Available in several different kit forms as well as fully assembled and tested, there is no cooler educational robot on Earth.
NEW: We now offer professional development teacher training in the Northeastern USA! For more information see: Professional Development Workshop.
|KIT TYPE||Electronics & Fasteners for Hexapod & Gamepad||Sensors/ SD Card/ Extras||3D Printed Parts||Assembled|
|BARE BONES MAKER KIT||YES||NO||NO||NO|
|DELUXE MAKER KIT||YES||YES||NO||NO|
|DELUXE COMPLETE KIT||YES||YES||YES||NO|
NOTE: 4-Packs for Schools are perfect for summer STEM camps, they're discounted off the single-kit price and they even include spare parts (because kids will be kids).
- Bare Bones Maker Kit: Includes all the electronics, servo motors, screws, and other items. Does not include SD card reader and card, USB cord, or sensors.
- Deluxe Maker Kit: Has everything in the Bare Bones Maker Kit plus HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Rangefinder sensor, light sensor, magnets and screws for game accessories, SD card reader and card, and USB cord for scratch programming.
- Deluxe Complete Kit: Has everything in the Deluxe Maker Kit plus all the 3D printed plastic parts for the hexapod robot, gamepad, and accessories for games like Joust, Capture the Flag, Fidget Spinner Challenge, and sensor housings.
- Deluxe Assembled and Tested: The hexapod robot, gamepad, and all accessories are fully assembled and tested. Just add batteries and you're ready to go! This even comes with a nice plastic shoe box sized storage container that neatly fits the robot, gamepad, batteries, charger, and all accessories to keep your robot safe.
- 4-Pack Deluxe Maker Kit for Schools: Includes four Deluxe Maker Kits. Also includes the following spare parts: 2 Arduino Nanos (one flashed for robot, one flashed for gamepad, but you can reflash if needed), 2 pair of pre-paired Bluetooth modules, 2 MG90S servo motors, 1 servo controller, and 1 pack of extra jumper wires.
- 4-Pack Deluxe Complete Kit for Schools: Includes four Deluxe Complete kits, which include all 3D printed parts, one of each color (red, blue, purple, yellow, green), plus spare parts as listed above under 5-Pack Deluxe Maker Kit for Schools.
Check out this short demo video (it's more extensive than the one playing at the top of this page):
- Control Vorpal from the included Gamepad, able to execute 60 different motions and in Deluxe models can record and play back gamepad actions.
- Fully supports the MIT drag-and-drop programming system to create your own custom motions, read sensors on the robot. Deluxe packages even allow new motions to be stored on the gamepad and called up using gamepad buttons of your choice!
- All 3D models are open source: modify them and add your own hacks and extensions to your heart's content! All software is also open source.
- Tons of fun activities are posted on the Vorpal Robotics Website.
Here are all the parts included in the Deluxe Maker Kit:
The Bare Bones Maker Kit is the same except it is missing the items on the bottom row (ultrasonic sensor, light sensor, USB cable, SD Card Reader, MicroSD card, and some screws and magnets for accessories).
WHAT'S NOT IN THE BOX
- Batteries. The hexapod requires two 18650 LI-ON batteries and compatible smart charger. These are available from many sources. There are low cost bundles of two EBL 3000 mAh batteries plus charger available on Amazon. We recommend the "white top" EBL batteries, not the "yellow top" protected version. The gamepad takes any kind of standard 9v rectangular batter, either rechargeable or disposable work fine.
The plastic parts included in Complete kits are 3D printed. The 3D printing process naturally results in a textured, layered surface that is not smooth. There may be minor imperfections such as threads of plastic or small drips. These will not impact the usability of the product.