FREE USA SHIPPING, REDUCED RATE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING.
IN STOCK AND SHIPPING WORLDWIDE
There is no cooler 3D printer project you can make! Thousands have been built worldwide by students and hobbyists.
It earned the coveted "Project We Love" badge on Kickstarter and sold hundreds of units there for over 200% funding. Since then we've provided thousands more to schools, Makers, hobbyists and robotics clubs all over the world. It's been used at STEM camps around the USA by schools and universities. Vorpal has been featured on the MAKE: magazine website and won a Best of 2018 Award at the Westport CT Maker Faire (13,000 people in attendance!)
Available in several different kit forms as well as fully assembled and tested, there is no cooler educational robot on Earth.
NEW: We now offer professional development teacher training in the Northeastern USA! For more information see: Professional Development Workshop.
|Electronics & Fasteners for Hexapod & Gamepad
|3D Printed Parts Included
|BARE BONES MAKER KIT
|QUICKBUILD MAKER KIT
|QUICKBUILD COMPLETE KIT
NOTE: 4-Packs for Schools are perfect for summer STEM camps, they're discounted off the single-kit price and they even include spare parts (because kids will be kids).
- Bare Bones Maker Kit: Includes all the electronics, servo motors, screws, and other items for the robot and gamepad, but you must 3D print the plastic parts yourself. Does not include USB cord, magnets for games, or sensors for programming experiments. It's the bare minimum to make the robot and gamepad function, assuming you can 3D print all the parts yourself.
- QuickBuild Maker Kit: Has everything in the Bare Bones Maker Kit but also all electrical wiring is already completed and tested, and additional items are included: light sensor, ultrasonic rangefinder sensor, programming cable, extra magnets for accessories like Joust. The pre-wired electrical system cuts the build from about two hours to under one hour and also eliminates wiring errors.
- QuickBuild Complete Kit: Has everything in the QuickBuild Maker Kit plus all the 3D printed plastic parts for the hexapod robot, gamepad, and accessories for games like Joust, Capture the Flag, Fidget Spinner Challenge, and sensor housings. You can assemble in less than one hour with our QuickBuild system.
- Assembled and Tested: The hexapod robot, gamepad, and all accessories are fully assembled and tested. Just add batteries and you're ready to go! This even comes with a nice plastic shoe box sized storage container that neatly fits the robot, gamepad, batteries, charger, and all accessories to keep your robot safe.
- 4-Pack QuickBuild Maker Kit for Schools: Includes four QuickBuild Maker Kits in assorted colors. Also includes the following spare parts (because kids will be kids): 2 Arduino Nanos (one flashed for robot, one flashed for gamepad, but you can reflash if needed), 1 pair of pre-paired Bluetooth modules, 2 Vorpal MG90 servo motors, 1 servo controller.
- 4-Pack QuickBuild Complete Kit for Schools: Includes four QuickBuild Complete kits which include all 3D printed parts in assorted colors, plus spare parts as listed above under 4-Pack QuickBuild Maker Kit for Schools.
Check out this short demo video (it's more extensive than the one playing at the top of this page):
- Control Vorpal from the included Gamepad, able to execute 60 different motions and the ability to record and play back gamepad actions.
- All 3D models are open source: modify them and add your own hacks and extensions to your heart's content! All software is also open source.
- Tons of fun activities are posted on the Vorpal Robotics Website.
- QuickBuild kits already have electrical components other than servos wired together. This makes it far easier for younger students to assemble and eliminates almost all wiring errors. All our kits are protected against reverse-battery insertion, making it far more kid-friendly than older versions of the project.
Here are all the parts included in the Deluxe Maker Kit:
The Bare Bones Maker Kit is the same except it is missing some of the items on the bottom row (ultrasonic sensor, light sensor, USB cable, and some screws and magnets for accessories).
WHAT'S NOT IN THE BOX
- Batteries. The hexapod requires two 18650 LI-ON batteries and compatible smart charger. These are available from many sources. There are low cost bundles of two EBL 3000 mAh batteries plus charger available on Walmart.com and Ebay. We recommend the "white top" EBL batteries, not the "yellow top" protected version. The gamepad takes any kind of standard 9v rectangular batter, either rechargeable or disposable work fine.
The plastic parts included in Complete kits are 3D printed. The 3D printing process naturally results in a textured, layered surface that is not smooth. There may be minor imperfections such as threads of plastic or small drips. These will not impact the usability of the product.