This handy little panel voltmeter measures only 1 inch long but can display from 0 to 100 volts DC in bright, easy to read red digits. This is perfect for displaying the battery level on the Vorpal Hexapod as well as many other projects you might design.
- Voltmeter Maker Kit: Assembled and ready to use (you provide 3D printed bracket), this has wire jumpers that allow it to be used directly with Vorpal the Hexapod (or other Arduino projects) to display the current battery voltage!
- Voltmeter Complete: If you don't have access to a 3D printer, this version is fully built and includes the plastic bracket. Available in Red and Blue.
Using the Voltmeter to Display Vorpal Hexapod Battery Level
The fully built version has a red female connector, a black female connector, a red male connector, and a black male connector. Here's how to connect it to the robot:
- Plug the red female connector to the Hexapod Nano's VIN
- Plug the black female jumper to the Nano GND
- Plug the red male connector into the red female connector coming off the Battery/Switch/BEC assembly (the one that normally would plug into the Nano VIN pin).
- Plug the black male connector into the black female connector coming off the Battery/Switch/BEC assembly (the one that normally would plug into one of the Nano GND pins).
To mount the voltmeter to Vorpal: currently we're using double sided tape, however we are working on a mounting bracket that interfaces to the cap magnet system.