This handy little panel voltmeter measures only 1 inch long but can display from 0 to 100 volts DC in bright, easy to read red digits. This is perfect for displaying the battery level on the Vorpal Hexapod as well as many other projects you might design.
- Panel Voltmeter Kit: Just the component itself plus one red and one black M-F jumper for you to use in any project you like. (Requires soldering.)
- Vorpal Hexapod Battery Voltmeter: Assembled and ready to use, this has wire jumpers that allow it to be used directly with Vorpal the Hexapod (or other Arduino projects) to display the current battery voltage!
- Voltmeter 3D Printed Bracket: If you don't have access to a 3D printer and want a bracket to mount to your Vorpal Hexapod, then add this item to your order. This is just the bracket, not the electronics. Available in Red and Blue.
Using the Voltmeter to Display Vorpal Hexapod Battery Level
The fully built version has a red female connector, a black female connector, a red male connector, and a black male connector. Here's how to connect it to the robot:
- Plug the red female connector to the Hexapod Nano's VIN
- Plug the black female jumper to the Nano GND
- Plug the red male connector into the red female connector coming off the Battery/Switch/BEC assembly (the one that normally would plug into the Nano VIN pin).
- Plug the black male connector into the black female connector coming off the Battery/Switch/BEC assembly (the one that normally would plug into one of the Nano GND pins).
To mount the voltmeter to Vorpal: currently we're using double sided tape, however we are working on a mounting bracket that interfaces to the cap magnet system.