This item is a two-pack of good quality snap switches. This type of switch is commonly used as a limit switch in CNC machines, but it's also great as a touch sensor on a mobile robot, because it takes very little pressure to push the long switch arm. There is a roller at the end of the arm to reduce friction on the contacted surface as well.
We offer these both with bare contacts and with convenient 15cm Dupont style female jumper wires. The wires are color coded as follows:
- Black: Common. You would hook this up to ground when using the switch with an Arduino or other controller.
- Green: Normally Open switch terminal. This could be connected to a digital IO pin set to INPUT_PULLUP mode, and the pin will be pulled LOW when the switch is pressed, but will remain HIGH as long as the switch is not pressed.
- Yellow: Normally Closed switch terminal. This could be connected to a digital IO pin set to INPUT_PULLUP, and it will be pulled LOW when the switch is not pressed and will go HIGH when the switch is pressed.
- Rectangular housing size: 28 x 16 x 10mm thick
- Switch arm size: 28.6mm long
- Contact force required to trigger switch: Approximately 220 grams force (8 OzF) at switch arm roller.
- Switch Electrical Limits: 15A @ 250VAC, 0.6A @ 125 VDC, 0.3A @ 250VDC (claimed by manufacturer and marked on unit)
- NOTE: Dupont wire connectors are for low voltage and low current use only, the switch electrical limits above assume you're using thicker wires.