NOTE: Currently only available in the United States.
This session is designed to get teachers and camp activity facilitators up to speed on using Vorpal the Hexapod for fun, engaging activities in the classroom or at STEM camps or similar programs.
In this hands-on session customized to your needs, you will learn:
- How to build Vorpal The Hexapod
- Using Vorpal for classroom STEM activities
- How to teach programming using Vorpal and MIT Scratch
Each session includes one complete Vorpal The Hexapod kit. (Additional kits area available for addtional cost if you are training more than one teacher.) We have three different session lengths, but feel free to ask us for a customized program.
Session types include:
- Basic: 2 hours of training time plus one Vorpal Hexapod complete kit to keep. Session covers building Vorpal the Hexapod using our Complete kit.
- Intermediate: (3 hours of training time plus one Vorpal Hexapod complete kit. Session covers building Vorpal The Hexapod and demonstration of six classroom activities.\
- Advanced: (4 hours of training time plus one Vorpal Hexapod complete kit. Session covers building Vorpal, using it in classroom activities, and programming Vorpal using MIT Scratch.
Please note that we can customize other forms of training to suite your needs. For example, if you already know how to build Vorpal, we could create a custom Basic level curriculum that focuses more on activities or programming.
- For sessions held outside the New York/New Jersey/Connecticut/Pennsylvania/Massachussets area there may be an additional fee to cover our trainers' travel expenses.
- Additional kits may be purchased at a 10% discount when ordering workshop training, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.